Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

WordPress Reflection

Overall, I would say the WordPress was infinitely more confusing, but I still prefer it because it has so many more options. I think it’s harder to learn how to use but it definitely makes for a more aesthetically pleasing portfolio. After that initial learning curve, it is worth it to use WordPress rather than the Blackboard.

When using the Blackboard Portfolio, it was pretty simple. I liked the options but there weren’t that many overall. I tried Layout 3 first and it was glitchy with the words overlapping. I tried Layout 2 and high contrast color and I liked that one.  I didn’t like that you had to go back and forth to view and edit, which was a bit tedious.

The WordPress was so confusing with the posts and pages. I did posts first and it took me a while to find where my posts were because it didn’t show up on the homepage, but went under “News.” When I did pages, it was impossible to find what I posted, even after looking for a couple minutes.

The benefit of WordPress is that it looked more professional and it allowed you to express more of your personality with all the options available. I found that adding a picture was a lot easier than on Blackboard because you could just drag it or upload it. On Blackboard, it was more confusing and wanted a link for the image.