Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

PANCE Prep Plan

I am estimating that I will be taking the PANCE at the end of January.

I feel that my weaknesses are musculoskeletal and hematology/ oncology. During my rotations, I will focus on these two topics, which I feel will be helpful for my rotations. General surgery tends to be heavily gastrointestinal based, thus I would like to finish all the information in PPP by the end of this rotation and complete all the GI questions on Rosh Review, which will also help me study for my EOR exam. I have Internal Medicine/ Geriatrics next, which I feel has a large amount of hematology/ oncology presentations, so I would like to focus my last rotation on studying those topics. With this plan, by the time I graduate, I will have a concrete understanding of those topics that I struggle with the most.

Another goal of mine is to start consistently scoring 80%+ on my Rosh Review practice exams. I tend to score in the low 70’s on average and I would really like to improve that so post-graduation I can refine rather than learn a large amount of new information.

The last day of rotations is 12/25 and I intend on starting to study in January. The way I study is by doing practice questions and then really delving into the questions I got wrong, and learning everything I need to know about that topic from PPP and StatPearls.

Week 1-3

– Do practice questions with subsequent studying of missed topics from 9-3 Monday through Thursday.
-On Fridays, evaluate which topics were the weakest based on Rosh Review analysis and delve into that topic in PPP and complete 50 questions from that system.

Week 4

– Strictly practice questions.

Take PANCE.