Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

Site Evaluation Reflection

In my site evaluations, I presented 4 H&Ps (2 OB and 2 GYN), one journal article, and 10 pharmacology flashcards. I think I did well with my H&Ps, picking complex cases and being thorough in my write-up. Furthermore, my article was very relevant, as it was about ovarian function post-salpingectomy and my patient had psychiatric issues and was unlikely to receive Methotrexate treatment. She was only 19 years old, thus I felt it would be valuable to research the effects of a possible surgery on her future fertility. The main thing that I received feedback on was my flashcards. I did not know them as well as I should have, despite spending hours trying to learn them. I  like to always know the reasoning behind what I learn and so I struggle with the brute memorization needed for flashcards. I think there are a few things I should change to address this issue. Firstly, I want to try to do these flashcards very early on in my rotation and not just in preparation for the site visit. If I pick these drugs early on, it will give me more time to see these in actual practice throughout my rotation and thus give me actual experience to learn the information. Furthermore, I want to try to learn more of the pathophysiology and research more beyond what is on the flashcard to give more context to the words on the paper.